These are the things that give me pause. That I wish I could avoid, but simply can’t. These are the things that I tell myself are okay since I am ec0-friendly otherwise. Am I deluding myself?
- One-time use contact lenses. Enough said. Plastic lenses plus plastic packaging equals lots of waste. I try and recycle them, but are they really making it into the waste stream and making it back out again?
- Ribbons and medals that Big Girl gets for track and swimming. We look at them once then they get placed on a shelf. But what’s the alternative? Refusing them? What kind of mother does that?
- All the sticks that my waxer goes through at European Wax Center. (They have a policy of one stick, one dip, which I love, but which makes me think about all the trees that have died so I can have a pretty bikini line. TMI, I know.)
- Girl Scout patches. Fabric that gets sewn on a vest that’s worn once or twice a month and eventually forgotten about when we bridge to a new level.
- Juiceboxes and pouches. Sometimes we have to send them. Have to.
- My regular use of dental floss. There is no way to recycle or reuse floss. (Eww. And EWWW.)
- Feminine hygiene stuff. ‘Nuff said.
There are more, of course. I will update this later, but I wanted to post this before I forgot about them.